Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Linen and Sky (a found poem)

Time sweeps away
like a breath of fresh air,
fresh,
fresh air.
While effects of stale time,
stale,
stale time,
leaves the fresh scent
of stifling odors,
odors,
stifling odors.

I got these words from the side of a Febreze Air Freshener. It read; Febreze Air Effects is like a breath of fresh air any time because it actually sweeps away those stale and stifling odors while it leaves a fresh scent.
While washing my hands in my roommates bathroom, I noticed her Febreze bottle sitting on the counter and began reading the purpose of the spray. A few words that stuck out to me were fresh, air, stale, and stifling odors. Because these words stuck out to me most I decided to make them the words I repeated or emphasized more in the poem. I loved this activity because we were able to express our creative abilities within the guidelines of a simple activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment