Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Foil

Since our discussion in class about literary foils and then shortly after the discussion about the Will Ferrel movie, Stranger Than Fiction, I have begun to think about myself as someones literary construction and who or what my author would have as my foil. And after many hours of pondering I have found my foil, GRAVITY!!

Walking to class from my car often I find myself stumbling and tripping over just about anything. I can trip over my feet, the grass, the sidewalk, a rock, and even the very air that rest innocently under my every step. Gravity is something that I just don't see eye to eye with and we definitely challenge each other. Every time that I drop something it seems as though life has changed to slow motion as it slowly trickle towards the floor. As that happens my instincts kick in and I immediately reach to save whatever I have dropped from the tragic feeling of being overcome by gravity. And every time I catch said item I say to myself, "Self, point you!"

Although gravity seems to have the lead for now I think I will pull around in the points part of our relationship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment